1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attention AP Poll Voters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Jan 8, 2007.

1. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

If Florida just proved Ohio State was a fraud, than how big a win was it really?

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I can't believe nobody is voting Ohio State No. 1.

Come on, we have to differentiate between the gaggle of one-loss teams. So, the criterium becomes this -- who has the best loss?

Louisville lost to Rutgers. Rutgers has two losses. Scratch the Cardinals.
    USC lost to Oregon State. Sun Bowl participant. Adios.
    Wisconsin lost to Michigan. Which lost two games. See ya.
    Florida lost to Auburn, which lost twice -- TWICE! Buh-bye, Gators.
    Ohio State lost to Florida. The coaches are obligated to vote Florida No. 1. That's a quality loss, in my book.

I really can't see how the vote should go any other way than for Ol' Sweatervest.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Your sarcasm font is well tuned. At least I'm assuming that's why such absurd words are there.

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Terry Bowden would like to thank you for voting for 1993 Auburn ... still 11-0 after 13 years.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Boise State's undefeated. Florida beat Ohio State, which was undefeated. Florida also stuggled some at home against Kentucky, which was thoroughly dominated at Louisville.

We can have this debate all night long, all week long and all year long. It will settle nothing. Except for the fact that the only way to decide a true champion is to have some sort of playoff.

And not this "plus-one" crap either. Who would have been in a plus-one this year? Boise? Louisville? LSU? USC? Give us eight teams and three weekends (all of which fall under holiday break) to give us a winner.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The final poll is going to be the funniest thing of the season. The SEC fanboys are going to squeeze LSU ahead of USC.

College football -- catch the fever!

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And on probation.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Beautifully done sir.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They're in the SEC. [/masturbatingfanboys]

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And could I get on the record again that I'd put USC ahead of LSU.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Which is worse, the SEC fanboys masturbating, or Dyepack masturbating about castigating the masturbating SEC fanboys?

12. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

If there's this much debate on here, you know Boise State is going to get some No. 1 votes. I don't think they'll get enough for anything to happen, but they will likely be top five. I know of a couple people who have said top five is not out of the question.

I'd give Florida the No. 1 spot and likely tuck the Broncos in the top five as well. Doubtful on No. 2, but 3-4-5 is possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted