1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atlanta airport

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Speaking of Denver, that's a possible destination in early January. What are the odds I get fucked by weather on the way in or out going from Midway to Denver?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

70-30 you'll be good.

Yes, it snows here. Blizzard last year shut down the airport for 45 hours the weekend before Christmas. But there is a new plan in place to keep it open in such instances, more equipment to get rid of the snow.

But while it snows here in the winter, it's usually gone within 48 hours and they keep the airport running fairly smoothly and on time.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Dulles' infamous, dreaded Terminal G is no more. Thank God.

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

I'm skipping straight to the end, but I had a long layover last year in the Atlanta Airport when I was flying from coast-to-coast. About five hours long.

As soon as I stepped off my plane, all I could think was how hideous the place was. It honestly reminded me of a 1970s bowling alley. It damn near had the smell down, too.

I saw the "Worst Airport in the USA" thread and was immediately going to throw this on there until I saw that ATL had its own dedicated effort.

5. boots

boots New Member

Hartsfiled Airport is OK. Lot to do. Plenty of pretty women to gaze at for straight guys and even somthing for gay guys and gals as well.
    Flying is a bitch. Make the most of it, and try to enjoy it with a good CD, book, or Ipod.

Draft saved Draft deleted