1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atlanta airport

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hartsfield and O'Hare are the worst big airports in the country... I avoid both like the plague...

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

My other flight was Midway to Providence, R.I. Both of those were OK, not that I have much to compare.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Providence is a pit of an airport, especially now with all the remodeling going on.

But I'm sure Good Doc has had, like, one on-time flight in and out of there.

4. Mizzougrad96

I'll take Midway over O'Hare any day...

5. Norman Stansfield

Hell, I'll take Gary over O'Hare any day. Oh wait, check that. I think I read that Hooters Air stopped flying in and out of there now...

6. accguy

accguy Member

I feel like I've spent half of my life in the Atlanta airport.

It isn't great, but I don't know that it's the worst place in the world either. If you actually fly to Atlanta and walk from your gate to baggage claim, you don't have to worry about going to the gym that day. It's a pretty good workout. And usually I get to baggage claim just as the bags are arriving.

7. Mizzougrad96

I would always flyb through Hartsfield and then even if I was on the same airline, it would take me almost an hour to walk and take the tram/subway to my connecting gate. At least Atlanta has that. At O'Hare, the only way you'll make a connection is when your flight is delayed, which is about 99 percent of the time...

8. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

The little connecting flights from O'Hare to Podunk put you in the eighth circle of hell while waiting for the flights. I've never been to Denver, but given the choice of that or ORD we're stopping in Denver on our way to our honeymoon.

Did ATL once and that was more than enough, although the Chilli's was nice.

9. Norman Stansfield

O'Hare DOES have a Chili's...I will say that about it...

10. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Love the Denver airport.

11. Mizzougrad96

Detroit is my favorite. Great restaurants and a very quick tram.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Only in Detroit.

Draft saved Draft deleted