1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atlanta airport

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Oh, hell, yeah! Those shanghai wings are golden! Forgot about those.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm sure it has a fine selection of food establishments. I didn't have time to check.

Oooo IJAG, love me some SW egg rolls. Damn it. I didn't have breakfast this morning and now I'm starving. All this talk of food.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I got some southwestern egg rolls last night after a tumultuous day. Didn't make it better, but it did fill me up.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I once made a 10-minute layover, and I wasn't even scheduled to be on that flight. Of course, the gate was right next to the one we pulled up at.

My Atlanta is O'Hare. I despise that airport with all my heart and soul, and will not fly into or out of it on any leg of a flight unless I absolutely, positively have no other alternatives. NOTHING ever gets in or leaves on time there.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Actually, I've never had a problem at O'Hare. Not once in more than a dozen flights. Ever.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've never had a problem at O'Hare either. I don't think I've flown there often (more often I go through Midway) but don't remember any concerns at O'Hare.

I don't get the love for Charlotte. People keep telling me it's the greatest airport ever. I don't get what's so special.

7. Norman Stansfield

Well, you must be leading a charmed motherfucking life then.

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

See, it's all relative to personal experience. EVERY airport in America has problems -- delays, lost luggage, etc. -- it's just a matter of when and where, not if, it happens to you.

For example, my worst airport luck took place in Dallas, which I believe is generally regarded as a "good" airport. My one trip through there, I damn near missed my connection (a la BBAM), and my parents lost their luggage the one time they went through there.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Never claimed otherwise, PENNIS_EATEN. :p

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Two things: (1) Chili's, (2) Rocking chairs. I could not be more serious.

11. Norman Stansfield

That's PUSSY_EATEN to you. :-*

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's not what I heard. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted