1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athletic, Axios talking merger?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FileNotFound, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Serious coverage? Um ... no.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Why is my BS detector ringing so loudly?

3. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

Usual thread derailment aside, who stands to gain the most from an Athletic-Axios partnership? Wonder if Axios aligning themselves with a big subscriber site is a bet that it will bring investor money.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Man, in the old days, this would have been a monster.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It’s not just the women. I don’t think the male Athletic writers will fuck you either, despite your desire to be a groupie.

6. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

You mean just starting a #HireJoeSchmoe hashtag won’t get you your next job?

Severian likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't like Barstool per se but enjoy some of the content i.e. handful of pizza reviews and the football picks show (for its high camp and absurdism).

The underlying argument is rather silly. May as well be bleating over how Yahoo Sports is going to be the savior of sports journalism.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Did it work?

9. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Those usually don't yield the necessary amount of money anyway. And people on Twitter look for free entertainment, not to donate.

Those kinds of conversations are cringe, especially threads of people promoting others who got laid off. Unless you're an absolute super star, no one from a reputable news organization will come out of the blue and offer you a life boat.

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

If you consume Barstool Media content, you're supporting David Portnoy's continued efforts to exploit his workers. Fuck Portnoy.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

P
    im gonna regret this but....

Can you walk me through how intentionally not consuming the content of exploited workers I like will help those workers in any way

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Intercom bought CBS Radio stations, not the tv network.

Draft saved Draft deleted