1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athletes spending diary

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Dec 3, 2014.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I find this kind of stuff fascinating.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/11963499/andrew-bogut

This might be my favorite entry, from MLS player Dom Dwyer:

$16.38: Movies, AMC Theatres
    "My teammate Soony Saad, a few friends and I saw "Gone Girl," and now I'm scared to death of women and I absolutely will not get married. Otherwise, good movie."

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ryan Hunter-Reay spent himself a little cash too. The $6,000-plus Ritz Carlton tab was impressive.

3. JackReacher

He expensed a lot of that, though. But yeah...that's definitely impressive.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is it? I haven't looked at the bill, but I can't imagine it would be that difficult to ring up $6,000 in charges at a Ritz-Carlton. Hell, you might hit that with just room rate and Internet if you stay three days.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

Maybe so. I honestly don't know what it costs to stay there. I assumed it was a tad cheaper than that, though.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Looking at their website, for one night in mid-Decemeber at the Ritz-Carlton Central Park, the cheapest room is $745 a night. For a bigger suite like it sounds like he stayed in, it's around $1,300. So three or four nights, taxes, various room service and hotel fees ... yeah, that's not too far-fetched.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted