1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athletes marrying celebrities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Oct 22, 2013.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'd argue Gisele is far more famous than Brady, but yeah, I think it's probably more difficult for a celebrity to have a successful marriage with a non-celebrity (Matt Damon being the exception that proves the rule).

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

See also:

- "Turkey" Mike Donlin and his wife — the far more famous Broadway actress Mabel Hite, married 1906.

[​IMG]

- Leo Durocher and Laraine Day, married 1948.

- And closer to home, White Sox teammates Buck Weaver and "Death Valley" Jim Scott married two of the four Cook Sisters, a noted vaudeville singing quartet.

3. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I'd believe Chipper Jones' marriages and his current relationship were/are to non-celebrities.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Look at it again, Einstein.

I used both spellings, for effect.

In the first quote, I was quoting him directly. He meant "Kris."

In the second quote, I was quoting the way I heard it: "Chris."

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Joe and Marilyn. Who used whom?

Lance Alworth and Joey Heatherton, was that a marriage or just a thing?

And wasn't the actress who played 24's "Kim Bauer" known for dating a number of NHL players?

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yes, as noted...

7. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Phaneuf and Cuthbert? Hell, for all I knew, that was some new-fangled, same-sex betrothal. Guess I never knew her beyond "Kim Bauer" or, alternatively, "horrible actress." ;)

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Gisele is more famous than Tom Brady... Richer too... Based on his endorsements, she handles those for him as well...

Not that any of that is bad. He probably gets paid more for a print ad than Peyton Manning gets for a Papa Johns campaign.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Bo Belinsky was all over those celeb chicks back in the day -- Mamie Van Doren, Ann-Margaret, Connie Stevens and even Ginger herself --
    Tina Louise. He eventually married a Playboy Playmate of the Year (not for long, though).

10. joe

joe Active Member

Aaryn? Jesus, I had to look twice because on first glance I read "Aryan," as in Brotherhood and teardrop tattoos and prison sex. Her parents ought to be slapped for that.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's actually quite a common spelling down south...

12. joe

joe Active Member

Still, fuck that.

Draft saved Draft deleted