1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athletes marrying celebrities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gehrig, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Probably a similar deal for Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker.

One of the funnier celebrity couples is the girl from Nashville and one of the Klitschkos. I think they're now engaged.

2. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Actually, I think it is the actress/actor who gains more pub from dating/marrying an athlete and more prone to do it. Not to make this a kardashian thread, but mama ugly married Bruce Jenner, who really brought "celebrity" to that family.

And once actor/actress eclipses the athlete's fame, they are more likely to kick the athlete to the curb.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Not for nothing, but Khloe is the youngest of the three Kardashian sisters.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I though Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra had a real chance to make it work.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm proud to have not known that. :D

6. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

Carrie Underwood and Mike Fisher. One's a celebrity in the States and the other is a nobody.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Mr. Underwood did very well for himself.

The one I'm not sure which way it splits is Phaneuf and Cuthbert, though I'm not sure how much of that is built on the attraction of celebrity as it is a puck bunny coming home to roost and the hockey player being attracted to pretty, shiny objects.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

You should be a celebrity magazine copy editor. Just make sure to change "NBA star Kris Humphries" to "NBA player Kris Humphries."

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Who the hell knows, really -- and you can say that about any marriage but moreso among celebrities -- but in the brief glimpse I got, Rodney Peete and Holly Robinson looked like they made the whole thing work pretty well. I suppose it was an asset that neither one was exactly the kind of super, super famous person who would have paparazzi following them around.

It seems the only way those folks have a chance at being happy in their relationship, is to pair off with someone on similar footing as a known figure. Otherwise their life experiences are just too different.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Look for Aaryn from Big Brother to hook up with an NHL player eventually. She's done it on the minor league level.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Who are YOU telling? I can't get in the goddamn door.

12. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

His name is spelled right in the post you quoted, how do you get it wrong?

Draft saved Draft deleted