1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athletes and their birthday parties

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 24, 2013.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No. I suppose that only occurred to you.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So you're saying Strip Clubs are just Chucky Cheese for the post-ghetto set?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Our hockey writer at my first job used to party all the time with the players he covered. He would come into the office and say, "I'm going to meet them at the strip club, who wants to come?" I went a few times and it was fun, but we stopped going because we were worried that the writer in question was going to get into trouble because the hockey writer got thrown out a couple times for getting too drunk and we were worried that if he got arrested, we'd get in trouble for being there...

He ended up getting arrested, but if the editors knew about it, they never let on. He still covers the team 17 years later.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Does your friend know Sweat Pea?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No, but I'll bet he knows his share of Madisons and Savannahs. :D

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I get players having blowout parties their first couple of years in the league. Remember your first bachelor party weekend? Especially those players that figure they will be short-timers anyway. But vets? No. You have a hell of a lot more to lose than to gain.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

From the picture it looks like M'nique, Sh'nique, U'nique and Hennessey

Draft saved Draft deleted