1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athlete birthday parties -- why the big deal?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Ah, and their feelings get bruised if they don't get a really good turnout? That's even sillier.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid.

3. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

How difficult is it to understand that it's about an excuse to have a party and not about celebrating a birthday? You say "most males" stop having birthday parties after 21. Well, "most males" don't have the money that professional athletes do. Do you think people party on St. Patrick's Day to celebrate anything in particular? It's an excuse to drink and be merry. If you have money to spare and a reason -- a birthday, in this case -- to have a hell of a party, why not have all of your friends get together to have a good time? And, in the meantime, he's helping a local bar/club get some publicity.

And I'll go out on a limb and say any party that Santana Moss throws will have a good turnout. A birthday just gives him a reason to have one.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Yes, of course, now it all makes <i>perfect</i> sense.

5. Bruce Leroy

Glad I could help, herb.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Your insights are priceless.

7. Bruce Leroy

As are your opinions.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Are you JDV's roommate?

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

chicken dinner.

10. Bruce Leroy

Quit jockin' smasher's stylo, tomas. I've seen plenty of JDV posts and don't think I said anything that ridiculous on this thread.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

of course you didn't, my friend, which makes it even that much better of a post. he pulled it out of thin air. you have to give him style points for that ... you just have to.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted