1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athens (Ga.) SE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MC Auggie, May 25, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

The idea that Gainesville is ranked ahead of Athens in anything, other than jean shorts sales, is absurd.

2. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

OK, some of us may be grumpy old guys but at least we've been around long enough to know Hack ain't been around enough to know.
    It's like Johnny Cash once said to his daughter's boyfriend, "son, I don't know you enough to miss you if you were gone."

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, but from what i understand, your apt. building is loud as hell, which will make you a bitter, bitter fuck. ;D

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

nice line bill. i will use that one.

5. skip2mylou

skip2mylou New Member

During the Texas war of independence in 1836, a small band of settlers captured a Mexican cannon located in a small, hill country town.

Displeased, a small detachment of the Mexican army demanded the artillery piece be relinquished -- or else.

In a show of defiance, the settlers unfurled a makeshift flag featuring a crudely drawn cannon. Below the drawing were the words ''Come and take it.''

With the departure of Andy Johnston in Athens, the man from Texas might have used this same motivation in claiming his new job.

Draft saved Draft deleted