1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athens (Ga.) Banner-Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Andy Johnston, May 18, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I love me some Varsity. I had to drive from Augusta to my home (some 10 hours away) the morning after a buddy's wedding. Had to do it after a massive gin & tonic hangover. Some grub at the Varsity kept me lucid enough to get home.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Granted, you lost 3 days off your lifespan. Stupid great-tasting chili dogs and fried pies.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Three days gone was worth it not to feel like crap for 10 hours. As for Athens, it's a wonderful town. I'm still partial to Co. MO. because I spent four years there and my money continues to go there, but Athens is a great town.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i served in athens, ga., i knew athens, ga., athens, ga. is a friend of mine. columbia, mo., you are no athens, ga.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ditto. Motherfucking ditto.

Really, most true "college towns" are decent enough. Tempe, Ariz., stands out for me. Austin really stands out for me. But Athens is the best, hands down. Of course, I'm biased. :D

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

You've obviously never been to Manhattan, Kan.

7. Zman28

Zman28 New Member

Any movement on this one yet?

8. John

John Well-Known Member

With UGA and high school sports about done, there's probably not a super-huge rush on this. Knowing Morris, the longer they can go a man down, the fatter those fat cats get.

9. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

doubt any job would have movement in just four days. but that's just me talking out loud. maybe morris does things different than my shop.

10. JME

JME Member

Or Lubbock, Tex. :'(

11. boots

boots New Member

Movement? We're talking four days old this thread is. Movement? Are you freakin crazy? This is Morris Communications dude. Movement? Yeah we got your movement and it rhymes with tile.
    Movement?

12. JME

JME Member

Guile?
    Bile?

Draft saved Draft deleted