1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athens (Ga.) ASE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by John Kaltefleiter, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dumbass.

2. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

Do you have a job, Tom? Cuz mostly you sound like a self-important dick.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

nope. i hang out all day and smoke dope with losers like you.

4. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

Word, Cuz.

5. Tenhut

Tenhut New Member

We need to remember that much of the "good people" talk on here is bullshit from people who really do not know or have not worked with the person they are raving about, and obviously agendas on here are massive. That being said, having met John and knowing a little about the paper situation there and some of its alumni but never having actually worked with him, he seems like a decent guy who has a clue, which isn't always the case with "good people" on here.

In office and on deadline can make different people of many.

And also, nobody is loved by everybody. Damn sure not on here.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Very true.

We also need to remember that people making assumptions about who knows whom and who has worked with whom are also sometimes full of shit. ::)

I can assure you that I have first-hand knowledge that at least four of the people chiming in about Tex on this thread, including myself, have worked with or beside the man for a number of years and have plenty of first-hand experience to form an opinion about his status as, ahem, good people, which he is.

Nobody has to take my opinion as gospel. But don't say that my or anyone else's opinion about John Kaltefleiter is based on not knowing the guy or never working with him, when you don't have a clue who among us has or hasn't.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, basically, you're saying the sonuvabitch is full of shit? or would that be whom? or is it, who?

8. John Kaltefleiter

John Kaltefleiter New Member

Thanks boys for having my back. But maddash(er) is partially right. I am a little cuckoo. Isn't that a prerequisite for this business?

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Dude, you're a little nutso, for sure. Which is why you fit right in at the ABH. I'll give you a call next time I'm in town.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

fuuuuuuck... a little? try a lot. but that's why he's perfect for the job he's doing

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Bring him (Texas) sunflower seeds and Diet Coke and the job is yours. You won't even have to send in a resume or design clips.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

PUKIN' AIN'T SHIT

Draft saved Draft deleted