1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athens (Ga.) ASE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by John Kaltefleiter, Mar 1, 2008.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I love the Varsity. I'm also fond of red-and-black-clad UGA coeds.... and UGA is cute in his own way.

2. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

so true .... that's got to be one of the five most important keys to making a marriage work.

As for Athens ... man, I love that town!!! Someday soon I want to go back just for fun, not for work.

3. maddash

maddash New Member

:mad:

Not sure where some of you folks got the idea that editor is such a great guy. He's not. He is off his rocker. Good luck to whoever gets the gig.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know, i've made a coupla posts on this board and still haven't figured out how to give a thumbs down with the title of a post. something tells me tex has posted here before.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i've known john kaltefleiter for roughly eight years -- not only is he a great guy, he also works his ass off. i would work for him in a second.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

you're hired! [/obvious]

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I've got no problem with someone pointing out a paper's potential problems. Personally, though, I'd like to see some examples of what you're talking about. Otherwise, it just sounds like sour grapes.
    If there's really a reason why someone should not pursue this (or any other) job, do tell.

8. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

Met John at APSE judging. Never worked for him, but got the feeling that he is a no-nonsense, get-the-job-done sort of guy. Obviously very committed and serious about doing the job right. Told great stories. Now, if he's different in the office ... I'd find that hard to believe. But, shoot, if you'd enjoy hanging out with a guy, then it would be pretty easy to see working for him. I'd hang with Tex and shoot the breeze over a cold one any day.

9. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

This is a flat-out lie. Tex would never have just one.

10. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

correct

11. maddash

maddash New Member

Oh yes. If Tex is a good person to "shoot the breeze with" over a beer, then he must be a good editor. Your logic is nonsense.

12. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

Sounds like someone missed their nap. Zip up, junior. If you "serious journalist" senses were offended, who cares?

Draft saved Draft deleted