1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athens (Ga.) ASE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by John Kaltefleiter, Mar 1, 2008.

1. what about toppers?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You want to make $30K a year? :)

I haven't seen the section in a few years, but it's not a coincidence that a lot of great writers have used this paper as a steppingstone...

3. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

While the Varsity gave me (and a lot of others) a king-sized case of the squirts once and I never went back, I will say that The Taco Stand rules.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Bless you, sir. I worked there for two years and it's still my favorite restaurant in the world.

5. Mizzougrad96

I don't remember the name of the place, but the last time I was there, I was taken to a place that had the best Macaroni and Cheese I have ever tasted...

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

probably weaver d's

7. Mizzougrad96

That's possible...

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Or Five Star Day.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

That's what the tight-fisted assholes at Morris are banking on.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I have to go back on something I previously wrote. I was going off some (obviously) dated facts. I apoligize to the good people in Athens...
    Anyway, word from three separate people on this is that pay isn't going to be along the same lines it was believed to be in the past.
    We're not talking six figures, but we're also not talking $25k either. In an area like Athens, the expected pay for this gig will certainly go a decent way. They are looking for someone to be around for a while and help them continue to kick some ass for more than a couple years.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

look at you coming back and making things right.

solid.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Dude, I'm married. I know how to apologize.

Draft saved Draft deleted