1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Atheist Group Sues to Stop World Trade Center Cross

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Jul 26, 2011.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You're assuming a vegan would date you.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I do ok.

Besides, I don't open with politics when I chat up a girl.

I've dated plenty of liberals. More than I've dated conservatives.

One was vegetarian, but she was hot as hell. Crazy too, unfortunately.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I didn't. I also didn't yell and scream and sue. If people wanted to go to the museum, fine. If they didn't, also fine. And if they're offended by the cross at the site of the WTC, don't go.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What if they went not knowing it was there? Do they have to close their eyes?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They could take a deep breath and get over it. That's what I do when I hear prayers where I don't think I should be hearing prayers. I know, it's a totally insane approach, but it does allow me some peace of mind.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't recall any pieces of steel twisted into the shape of a buddha, Star of David or a Crescent being found at Ground Zero.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm all for fighting against governments putting up religious stuff at Xmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Festivus time. But at some point, you gotta pick your spots. This is a situation in which losing in court would be a better result.

8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

+1

Also, I eat a type of cat.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But enough about your trips to the Chinese restaurant.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Exactly. This thing really isn't even "a cross" per se. It's two remnants of the World Trade Center...on the WTC site. It's absolutely fine to leave it there, or even to display it in memorium, whatever its form, because of what it is, where it is, at a memorial site. No one should be suing over this, and it's shameful that anyone is.

I would submit that atheism is a religion, too, just as much as Christianity or any other is, to those who practice it.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What about an atheist cat owner?

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Expound, please.

Draft saved Draft deleted