1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At what point do we just recycle "Ricky tests positive" threads?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, May 11, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Boots -- Are you kidding me? You can't be this stupid. I didn't say anything about KiJana Carter's finances -- I was talking about his career being sidelined by a career-ending injury and that is much different than your career being sidelined because you are an idiot, which is the case with Ricky Williams.

2. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Wrong.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Anyone who says Ricky Williams hasn't been a colossal waste of talent is wasting his time typing. He's not been a Darryl Strawberry-level waste of talent, but he'll never be what he could have been. How that relates to his happiness is beside the point.

4. boots

boots New Member

Being an idiot is your sitting on your flat fat ass having never played a sport and condemning someone who has.
    If Ricky is happy being Ricky, who are you to say anything?

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

1. Ricky Williams is not a dick. Many people have said that he's a really nice guy.
    2. The guy has been diagnosed with some psychological problems. Remember how he kept his helmet(which had a visor) on during his interviews?
    3. This guy is a sad story.

6. zagoshe

Wait a minute -- one of you is claiming Ricky is happy the other is saying he is a miserably tortured soul. Which is it?

And what does personal happiness have to do with being a waste of talent and an idiot for doing it?

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

In case you haven't noticed, we're two different people.

8. boots

boots New Member

Who are you to call anyone an idiot? Are you God? I know the answer to that question.
    Unless you have been in the guy's company or know his situation or know him, you are making a judgment that is wrong in my opinion.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think that he get's to keep his money as long as he hasn't "retired"

10. zagoshe

Anyone who has a talent like his and doesn't maximize it is an idiot. Period. The fact that you are trying to defend him pissing it away because he's "happy" is ludicrous.

11. boots

boots New Member

Again, MAYBE the guy is happy doing what he's doing. And if he is, then so be it. Be happy for him.
    Who is to say that you aren't wasting your life?
    I'm not going to argue here but hopefully, you see my point.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Whale's vagina. Aqualung. Agree to disagree. Go fuck yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted