1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At what point do we just recycle "Ricky tests positive" threads?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, May 11, 2007.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

Ricky's been working on his autobiography. Maybe he needed more time.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

he's basically broke. he owes the dolphins millions.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I had to keep looking at this post to make sure it wasn't in blue because this might be the most ludicrous drivel I have ever read.

He was/is an underachiever as a football player. He had incredible talent and did nothing with it. The one year he actually cared, he had a nice season which proves that he is an underachiever who wasted his talent.

And yes, he is such a genius at handling his money he hired Master P to be his agent agent and then became the laughing stock of American sports when he agreed to one of the worst contracts ever put together for a player.

He is a dumb ass and the fact that some of you are actually trying to defend him is laughable.

4. boots

boots New Member

I'm not defending him. He's a grown ass man. He lives his life on his own terms.
    As far as wasted talent goes, perhaps he was as good as he was going to become.

5. zagoshe

OK, say he was as good as he was going to become -- He still wasted his fucking talent because he was more interested in smoking weed and being a hippy asshole than utilizing that talent to make a better life for himself and his family.

You can try to portray him as this nature loving purist -- but that dog won't hunt here.

He's an idiot, he is broke and he will always be linked with the Ryan Leaf's, the lawrence phillips and all the rest of the clowns who pissed away their talent because they were too dumb to get it.....

That is his legacy -- he won't play another down in the NFL.

6. boots

boots New Member

Maybe he really doesn't want to play in the NFL. But who are you to call him an idiot. Do you know his financial situation? How do you know that he's broke?
    Maybe Ricky Williams is happy being Ricky Williams instead of what others want him to be.

7. zagoshe

His financial situation has been written about on countless occassions in recent years since he's suddenly regained his interest in playing football and he still owes the Dolphins, millions if I remember correctly.

He is an idiot for taking his talent and wasting it.

8. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

For a piece of shit bigot that you are, I have to agree with you.

9. boots

boots New Member

The guy is obviously trying to find himself. I don't care if he never takes another snap. Football is not life. I think its more important that he finds himself and helps himself.

10. zagoshe

Bigot? You forgot homophobe, transgender-a-phobe and sexist as well..... ::)

11. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

If I were him I'd find myself extremely embarrassed to have failed another drug test. If he worked a regular office job he would've been canned after the second failed test.
    But Just because he has an extraordinary talent compared to the average joe, he keeps getting second, third, fourth opportunities.

Pot isn't LSD or Angel dust, but it's still illegal.

12. zagoshe

He could helped himself -- and his family -- and all the poor people he claims to care about -- greatly by sucking it up for ten years and having the kind of career he was capable of.

Did you ever consider that? It worked for Tiki Barber, who can now make a difference in the world if he so chooses.

That hippy "love life and find yourself" shit might have flown with the idiots in the 1960's, but it all was and still is a bunch of rationalization for laziness and underachievement.

Draft saved Draft deleted