1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At what point do we just recycle "Ricky tests positive" threads?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, May 11, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

If, by nimrods, you mean the ONE person who said he wasn't in shape.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Oh my God Simon you are an idiot.

He is in shape compared to the average person --- like you, who I imagine is a mustard and beer-stained wife-beater shirt wearing fat ass -- but he has never gotten himself and kept himself in top condition, which, along with his love for all things chronic, is why he is and will always be an underachiever.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

One thing is for sure, he's addicted to the shit and he'll never put the bong down.

Talk about a career that is "Up in Smoke." These guys should know...

[​IMG]

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

On this one thread, yes... just him/her.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Let mustard escape my clutches and make it to my t-shirt......?

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Simon_Cowbell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So what is your point -- that Ricky is a good break dancer?

Maybe that will get him a role in Beat Street III but I'm not sure why that is relevant to his NFL (non) career.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I thought it was that he could suck himself off. I was actually pretty impressed.

9. Simon_Cowbell

He was in incredible shape with the Dolphins.

1853 yards behind an awful line in 2002.

Arguably the best rushing season ever.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And who defines underachievement?

Joe Scribe says Ricky should be an NFL running back, so anything less is "underachievement."

Well, I think Ricky has made it clear that he doesn't particularly care for the NFL lifestyle. He doesn't like getting punished. He doesn't like living under the draconian rules of people like Nick Saban and Tom Coughlin and all the other 18-hour-day "geniuses".

He does, however, like pot. And he does appear to like living life under his own terms.

Which probably makes him, all things considered, a happier person than most.

And speaking only for myself, I'd rather be a happy "underachiever" than a miserable "overachiever."

11. boots

boots New Member

Trying to stay off the ganja is like trying to give up smoking cigarettes, crack, eating sweets, etc. My heart goes out to someone who is basically a good guy.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Giving up ganja is much easier (for most people... though not those with SAD) than the others you mention.

Draft saved Draft deleted