1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At what point do we just recycle "Ricky tests positive" threads?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, May 11, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Alzado died of brain cancer, sparked by the steroids usage. While it provided the link that caused his death, steroids didn't directly lead to his death. Cancer did. Same goes for a lot of WWE wrestlers. They don't die directly from the steroids, but they do factor in those deaths.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and neither do heart attacks, strokes or flat out shooting some poor fucker or committing suicide because of roid rage?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so just how many deaths a year does pot cause, professor?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You dumb fuck, I was agreeing with you.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why all the hand wringing for Ricky? In many ways he is no better than Packman or Tank.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, that was so obvious, dyepack.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yeah, it was.

Did you post in the blue type?

Didn't fucking think so.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks again dyepack, you fucking piece of shit.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I was trying to follow this, ahem, conversation, but I have one question -- who is dyepack? Was his/her post deleted by the moddy or something?

I'm just wondering what he/she wrote because I don't see it, that's all.

And going way back to someone who asked me if speeding makes you a criminal? I guess in the most technical sense of the word, yes. But in reality, no.

But I'm not certain what being a criminal has to do with my point, which is that Ricky, despite his (wink, wink) social anxiety antidepressant attention deficit disorder, he somehow managed to stay off the chronic and run for a lot of yards at Texas so that excuse by his apologists doesn't work, at least in my book.

Draft saved Draft deleted