1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At what point did you first feel "old"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Jul 3, 2006.

1. When I realized all the rock videos from the early 80s are starting to look grainy, the same way the videos from the 60s looked when I was a teenager.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Lugnuts, there's an entire generation of Atlantans to whom the infamous SI cover story "Losersville, U.S.A" is as foreign as one of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Except the Hawks suck shit through a Crazy Straw again -- back to the future.

Another signal that you're old is when you see games you either covered or attended on ESPN Classic.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I was 25 or 26 and dating a 20-year-old. I thought maybe it was just her, that she was a bit immature. About a year later I was taking some college classes just to try to meet women. And then I knew for a fact that the women I met there were too young for me.

4. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Didn't get that first 401K plan make you feel pretty old? It did to me

5. jaredk

jaredk Member

Old? Try prehistoric. Went to a video store, asked the clerk where I'd find "old Westerns." She took me to Clint Eastwood movies. I said, "No, I mean, like, Roy Rogers." "Who?" she said. I left to rejoin my dinosaur group.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

another one for me: when i suddenly began being referred to by kids as "mr. shockey." i correct them by saying "mr. shockey is my father. please call me jeremy."

yikes!!

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not sure if I've had that first moment yet. I'm 34.

Draft saved Draft deleted