1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At what point did you first feel "old"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Jul 3, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Aww Inky, don't sell yourself short. You suck at everything. :D

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

when i hit 40, i was all depressed because i had very clear memories of my dad at 40 -- and he seemed like such an old guy.i bummed out thinking my three sons saw me at 40 the same way i saw my dad.

then i finally rationalized that mine is a much more vibrant, immature generation than my parents' was. so i felt better.

nothing like a good rationalization to get you through. 8) 8) 8)

3. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Yeah, that's how we know you're old. :D

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

IJAG, is that you?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

:D ;D

Actually, I not only found Ragu a compilation of Abba videos on YouTube, I'm also watching it as I type. I think I'm old now. :-\

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

When kids I covered kept calling me "sir" during interviews. I mean, yeah, it probably had more to do with good kids from good families, growing up with manners and respect. But still, to hear me called "sir" was a surprise.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Speaking of music making you feel old...

When I was in Las Vegas, the Go-Gos were doing a concert at Mandalay Bay. I thought about going, until I found out tickets started at $44 each. That's roughly $30 more than what I paid to see the Go-Gos in 1984.

I should have pulled on some Jams and a Lacoste shirt, popped the collar and gone.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, hearing grunge on the classic rock stations makes me feel old...

DJ: "We're going to take you waaaaaay back for the next one... From 1991, it's Pearl Jam with a little Even Flow..."

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

When I found out that Jan Smithers is 57 years old.

11. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

The first time I felt old was when Guns "N" Roses was played on the classic rock station. Bastards.

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Two words.

Ear hair.

Draft saved Draft deleted