1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At what age did you lose your virginity?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, May 13, 2011.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Three-step process which extended over most of my eighth-grade year.

Reached first base at our 13th birthday party -- our birthdays were a week apart and we had all the same friends, we turned the Sunday in between our birthdays into a 'class party' after our football game (In those days, dammit, we SHOWERED after football games!!). Our moms, who had been in the hospital together when we were born, teamed up for cupcakes/brownies. B. and I managed to sneak off for a half-hour in the middle of it. Continued in this mode most of the fall.

Second base over the Christmas holidays. Another big party/dance at our school. We knew all the nooks and crannies/hidden storage closets in the joint. We kept at it most of the spring. Nuns almost caught us a couple times but "higher powers" must have intervened.

After our eighth-grade graduation in June, I made sure my daily bicycle trips passed by her house. Sure enough, one day a few weeks later she was at home alone, and Babe Ruth stepped up to the plate. "Go All The Way" by the Raspberries was on the radio. Thank you, Eric Carmen.

So to answer the question -- just short of 14.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I was 19. My sophomore year in college, and my soccer teammates used to give me shit about being the only virgin on the team (two guys had kids). My fellow virgin girlfriend stayed the night before a home game early in the season. Did it to some Chicago playing on my stereo. Next day, I open the door to my room, and there's two of my teammates standing outside. They looked like kids opening presents on Christmas. When I nodded my head, they began hooting and hollering like they just scored tickets to the World Cup.

Ended up having a good game that day. The next time me and the girlfriend had sex, I had one of my best goals ever the next day on a diving header. During the goal-scoring celebration, one of teammates shouts, "We need to get you laid before every game!"

Thank goodness it happened on the far side of the field away from the fans.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I bet it was a diving header.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Set up on a tee ...

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Terrific, sir. The buildup was exquisite.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, we HAD run into each other on our bikes a week or so earlier near my house, kind of out on the outskirts of town, and it was just fate our theme song didn't end up being:

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Made up for lost time, though.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

First of all, I've been referenced three times in this thread, and not once by anyone I've boned. I think I'm honored.

Secondly, this:

May have been the worst Penthouse Forum letter in history. (Don't worry, mine was worse)

And the 1981 Super Bowl? "Call me Lester Hayes call me Les--ohhhh ohhh ohhh sorry."

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Mizzou, love the story about staying friends with The First. One regret I have is that I didn't with my first. :) It would be pleasant to stay in touch, even if just for Christmas cards.

I was 17, she was 19. I was 7 weeks into college. Saturday morning. I can hear the Wisconsin marching band playing outside my dorm room...roommate is out of town. Kickoff against Purdue is in three hours.

And she wants it. Bad. She was slept over the night before but we had never gone that far.

Did it... and, um, I was scared and, looking back, probably not very good. :) This was also in 1992, a year after Magic Johnson ruined it for every dude my age for a couple of years.

Also, she was, by far, the most attractive woman I ever dated. By far. In the ensuing months, I learned about the agony of dating a '10'. You're a paranoid wreck every time another guy is hitting on her.

She dumped me by New Year's... but, that was a magical fall.

Of course, I do relish the fact that, through Facebook, the years haven't been kind to her.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Ha! But the absolute truth. I used to hate the story, but I've come to embrace it after 30 years. I wish I had a little better recollection of her. She'll always be hot in my memory, though.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Wait ... with a human being or dead deer? It makes a difference.

I stayed in the Dearborn Hyatt a few years ago. I wondered what that plaque in my room was all about.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

On Wisconsin indeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted