1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At the movies (with a baby)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We didn't do it because there is a very good chance that one of us was going to have to miss a significant portion of the movie when the baby woke up and cried.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If it's just something to go out to, instead of specifically a movie, take the baby to a local high school sports event, as long as it's not a huge gym.

Tickets would be cheap, so if you left early, it wouldn't matter. And it'd be fun watching other fans coo over your baby.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

But then I'd possibly have to talk to people.

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

Best advice is to find a baby-sitter. You and your wife should go to a movie to get a break and have a date. You also can't bring a child under 5 to a regular live theater (excepting children's theater) simply because they won't have the ability to sit through more than an hour and 15 minutes. The other thing is that a character in an animal suit or other costume might scare a 3-yer-old child.

Other things are OK to take babies to, although try to get where you can control things. One time I took my three-year old daughter to a college football game and the mascot, who was a dog, made believe he was eating the toy cat she carried around. It really scared my daughter.

Draft saved Draft deleted