1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At the movies (with a baby)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Was not aware it was back in theaters.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I hope you're joking. Of course it's not. Just taking a shot at a bad, unintelligible movie.

3. Dick Whitman

Joking.

I do that sometimes.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As long as Case puts his cellphone on vibrate, it's all good.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

There's no way of evaluating this choice without more information, e.g., was it a November evening in North Dakota or an October afternoon in North Carolina? Several other variables come to mind.

YGBFKM, not many babies will be well-behaved throughout an entire movie. If you need to take him out for a while, is one of you not OCD enough about keeping up with the plot to be OK with doing that? If he can't be brought back in, are you both OK with throwing away the price of the evening?

6. Dick Whitman

September at the Big House. Spent most of the game sitting out in the grass behind the grandstands, though.

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Sounds like your buddy's wife needs to lighten up.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Miss L and I had our girl out of the house within days of bringing her home (and getting rid of the jaundice), but we never went to see a movie. In fact, we haven't tried that yet, although she's now the age where she'd probably love it.

We did take our girl to the store, to a pub with outdoor seating, to restaurants. As long as we had her bottle fixings and something to snack on, we were usually pretty golden.

Just a guess, but the flashing lights seem like they would be less of the problem than the movie's volume. Theaters are just loud as shit, and for a 6-month-old, that might be too much, pal.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

He's out all the time, but we're always looking for something different to do, especially in the winter when we're limited to mostly indoors stuff. We're in no hurry to take him to a movie, but it's on the short list of possibilities at this point. And to address a couple questions, I have no problem taking him out if he acts up occasionally, but I'm too cheap to eat a couple movie tickets.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

To answer your question look no further than your screen name.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's nice.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Until this minute I never knew what ygbfkm meant.

In that context, I suddenly get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted