1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AT&T, you suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's taking hours to get voicemails lately. For example, I saw I missed a call last night at 7:35. At 10:30, I got the voicemail. It's been like that for a week now. WTF!

Anybody else having this problem?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This happened on my old phone.

My current problem is battery decided to go from fully-charged to dead in the middle of phone calls. Weird.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't have AT&T, but have you taken it in recently? When I was with them, apparently you had to take your phone in to have it plugged in and updated every-so-often. Supposedly you can just power down and leave it off for a while, then power back up, and it should do it. Doesn't always work.

Also, I always felt like starting this thread when I was with them, which is why I don't have an iPhone. :)

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Word.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have AT&T with an LG Shine, and my phone has developed an annoying problem with holding a charge.
    I need to upgrade to an iPhone or Blackberry Bold for work purposes, but my work stipend doesn't cover the whole phone expense, so I'm trying to hold out on the Shine for another year.
    It's getting annoying, though.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The only problem I have had with my phone, which is a Sony Ericsson Z750a, is that it shuts itself off at random times. It's happened during phone calls, when I'm on the Internet, sending a text message and even when I'm not using it.

I've had AT&T look at it three times, but it hasn't been fixed. But I figure I can wait unitl December 27 or whatever when I can upgrade. I have no plans of getting rid of AT&T -- been with them for five years now -- and no other company works that well in my hometown. Verizon and a few other companies work where I work, but none of them have very good service at home.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

Sprint is where it's at.
    Check the iPhone-Blackberry thread.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

AT&T's suckage is the only reason I don't have an iPhone.

Although I heard Blackberry did the same thing with one of their new phones The Bold I think...

Draft saved Draft deleted