1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AT&T UVerse vs. cable

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jul 30, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

You're a dork. :)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

But in a charming way! (sometimes)

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Sorry you had a bad experience ijag, but I'm glad I saw this. I was thinking of checking out uverse to see if the bundle would save me money on satellite and such. Never mind.

4. imjustagirl

No, I'm with it now. I love it now that I figured out I'm an idiot.

5. The No. 7

The No. 7 Member

UVerse is great. I've hardly had issues with it. And the $97/month I pay now is fantastic, considering I paid $120/month (and rising) with Comcast. When you join UVerse, you're locked in at the rate at which you sign up.

6. imjustagirl

Holy hell, mine's $139. do you have the bundle? Stupid Northeast!!!

7. The No. 7

The No. 7 Member

I have Internet and the middle level of cable. I live in California. Don't worry, we get gouged in other ways here.

8. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

If only U-Verse or FIOS were offered here. In an apartment that faces the wrong way, so I'm stuck with Cox. No Fox College Sports. No CSTV. No CSS. No Big Ten Network. No ESPN360. And the same 10 stupid Ad Council PSAs run over and over as local inserts.

9. The No. 7

The No. 7 Member

I love the Big Ten Network! It's funny because I went to a Pac-10 school.

10. imjustagirl

UVerse has nothing to do with which way your apartment faces. The problem is you have to be within a half-mile of one of their boxes. They're supposed to be expanding the radius of that. Good luck!

11. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Meant to say facing the wrong way to get satellite. I need a good editor :)

AT&T doesn't offer U-Verse in my community, period. And, when I inquired about DSL, they said the fastest speed they could provide was 3MB. Which, for my ESPN360.com watching purposes, was too slow. This in a county with a population of 150,000. Unbelievable.

12. imjustagirl

Yeah, it's getting rolled out pretty slowly. I couldn't get it at my old place, 7 miles away, but I can get it here. Weird.

Draft saved Draft deleted