1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

at&t customers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Mar 6, 2009.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

my phone is a newer model sony ericsson. got it maybe nine months ago.

there's just one problem: it keeps shutting itself off. have talked to at&t and they told me they've done everything to fix it. they even offered me a new phone, but i don't want the same model because a friend of mine had the same issue, got a new phone but had the same problems.

anyone else have problems like this?

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'd tell them you want a new phone, but a different, preferrably better, model. I had a bad batch of Verizon phones once that kept burning out (3 over one weekend), and finally just demenaded a different phone. Be sure to work only with the manager.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I had a problem once with a phone that kept dropping calls for no reason. Took it in a time or two, they "updated the software", whatever the fuck that means.

I finally call from a land line, and ask if any similar problems have been reported. Lady reads off "phone drops calls" about 20 times in 30 seconds. I tell them either get me a new phone, or I drop my contract right then, with none of those bullshit early exit fees.

I had a $100 credit shortly thereafter. If the phone doesn't work, demand a new one.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the phone doesn't ring it's not me.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

KWSW, I have the exact same problem, have for about the last year. I have a Nokia and I always thought it was the phone. I've taken it in twice and they've offered a new phone at a discount, but I like this particular phone too much.
    I'm in the habit now of checking my phone all the time to make sure it's on. Sucks, but I'm used to it.
    I have a friend who has the same problem with her phone.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My Voyager occasionally does it on Verizon, but not enough to bother me. Probably once every 3-4 months.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Ha. Mine probably does it that many times in a day.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

My only problem with AT&T ever has been their G3 coverage... according to their charts, signal should be strong as hell around my place. It ain't. Workable, and hell... why do I need it if I'm home... but, still.

9. jps

jps Active Member

I've got an ericsson and really like it. battery wears out pretty quickly if I don't charge it often, but that was a knock on the model I knew about before I got it. I've had several ericsson models now and really like them more than others I've used. I'd swap for a new version of the phone first. might as well make sure it isn't the phone.

Draft saved Draft deleted