1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AT&T censors Pearl Jam's anti-Bush song

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Aug 9, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

According to Pearl Jam's website, portions of the band's Sunday night set at Lollapalooza were missing from the AT&T Blue Room live webcast. Fans alerted the band to the missing material after the show. Reportedly absent from the webcast were segments of the band's performance of "Daughter," including the sung lines "George Bush, leave this world alone" and "George Bush find yourself another home."

"We regret the mistake," explains Tiffany Nels of AT&T. "This was not intended and was an unfortunate mistake made by a webcast editor."

http://prod1.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=44047312

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Tiffany Nels is a liar.
    What she said was a cover story invented earlier just in case anyone noticed.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I just ...right....now....switched my cell phone service to this company.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Why? Because corporate censorship is such a good thing?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

AT&T: For those of you whose minds are smaller than our phones.

Crank that Lee Greenwood!

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Apologize.

7. This is why we should trust big corporations with more power to control access to the media.
    And, Tiffany, Tony Snow's on Line One for you.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I think a corporation censoring something from its own web site is hardly cause for alarm that a police state is imminent. Let me know whent the government bans music from being sold in a store, or the police yank a band off the stage.

You people need to quit seeing black helicopters through every treetop.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And we're making a big jump to censorship, aren't we? It's possible, but so is the explaination. Do we accept it as truth because we want to believe that anti-Bush sentiment is being censored (which would make little sense in a country where his approval rating is approaching No. 3 starter ERA levels)?

But maybe I don't mind, because I think Daughter sucks.

11. Nothing like setting the censorship bar high.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

That just means Pearl Jam should sing Bushleaguer at the next available opportunity.

Draft saved Draft deleted