1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AT&T buys T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Mar 20, 2011.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

What kind of phone?

My BB has been doing crazy shit for the last week or so because of the RIM outage.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Just a regular touch screen phone. No internet. All I do is make phone calls and send texts. The BF has internet on his, but never uses it, really. All we do is make phone calls and text. Granted, I text a lot, but I've never had trouble at home before. I don't know what kind of phone he has, but it is not a BB or an iPhone or anything fancy like that. Just a basic touchscreen.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

Looks like the DOJ is against the merger, ATT has too much invested in it, my hunch is ATT sells some assets to some smaller regional cell companies to get approval.

4. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

It was once explained to me by an AT&T employee that AT&T service tends to be worse in college towns because college students and young adults are statistically the most likely to have smart phones and AT&T had, by far, the best selection of smart phones (this is when they still had exclusive rights to iphone).

I have an AT&T iphone in a town with two universities that dominate the town. And my service here is awful, awful, awful, awful. I had AT&T living in another town with a smaller college and the service was great. So my experience tends to lead me to believe the explanation I was given.

Draft saved Draft deleted