1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AT&T buys T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Mar 20, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://www.mobilizeeverything.com/home.php

How many T-Mobile customers do we have here?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Here, and in the past two months I have had repeated occasion to interact with their customer service reps. Every time I have gotten off the phone and said to my wife that t-mobile has clearly given up and is playing out the strong until it is bought out. The best was when I was on their automated voice recognition line and whatever I said -- I tried at least four words that sounded completely different -- they sent me to "voicemail help."

But AT&T sucks too. Verizon, here I come. Thank god I'm month-to-month.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

This is terrible, terrible news. I just re-upped my T-Mobile contract a couple months ago and want nothing to do with AT&T and their shitty ass network/service.

And if they phase out unlimited data plans, I'm out.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

My wife and I were longtime T-Mobile customers who switched to AT&T in August. At least in our neck of the woods, AT&T has had the better network.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I have never had problems with AT&T. Have almost never had dropped calls. But the loss of CZJ in the ads will be sad.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I guess the optimistic way of looking at this is the combined networks and everything mean customers could win.

It combines my last two carriers, and the two carriers my company users are split between, so I guess it's all academic now.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I really liked T-Mobile, but I dropped them because I needed my cell service to become cheaper and they repeatedly told me they couldn't do it. I've long ago put AT&T in my rear-view mirror and I haven't missed them. They are the king of the gotcha, and I grew really tired of it. As soon as I didn't need a land line phone any more, I bailed. Now that they're buying T-Mobile, I'm glad I got out when I did.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I am with T-Mobile, with my daughter on the plan. So is the boyfriend. I wonder what will happen to my free calls to other T-Mobile subscribers. That is the main reason that I can afford a cell phone. The majority of my calls are not part of my plan minutes.

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Kind of in same boat. Been with T-Mobile long enough that we have the My Faves deal (no longer offered and lost if you switch contracts). But having five #'s each for me, wife, kid is a minutes-saver way beyond what we buy in monthly "anytime" minutes.

With T-Mobile offering $10 data plans recently, I called to switch down from the $30 tab I've been stuck with. They say, "Oh no, your phone requires that $30 plan and you cannot change." I thought, fine you pricks, get an extra $400 out of me (20 more mos, extra $20 per) and then you'll lose every red cent I spend on phone service for the rest of my life.

Very happy with T-Mobile for a long, long time, but that pushed me over the edge. Soon as contract runs out, I'm out.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

At least AT&T will absorb T-Mobile's "4G" network, which should help them with their current phones.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

And screw over those of us already on T-Mobile's 4G network.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Welcome to the world.

Draft saved Draft deleted