1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At risk of inciting a SJ riot ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cannot discuss because I've never tried Iron City, but Old Style's not a bad beer, as far as typical American beers go. But that's kind of like being not a bad Division III basketball team when you think about it.

Bud Ice advertises 5.5% content on its bottles and is the only beer I know of that advertises alcoholic content.

Fat Tire is OK. Too much roasted-barley taste for my liking, but I wouldn't turn one down if offered.

Best kind of beer to me is a beer that doesn't have a fucking word of English on the label.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've had Yuengling - on tap - in Baltimore and it wasn't bad. Had a Fat Tire (tap, again) at the bar on the San Clemente pier in the summer and thought it was awful.

Sierra Nevada is a solid brew.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You go to hell. You go to hell now. ;D

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm staying at my parents house this weekend, who grow more anal with each passing trip.
    I will trade you..

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Do not waste money on Pineapple Express. Awful movie.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Or......"OK....let me put on my slippers and a splash of High Karate!"

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Wow. Even in the cold morning light, this post is, um, stimulating.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Loud, slutty, drunken hotel sex is one of life's great pleasures, whether you're drunk on Yuengling, Budweiser, Coors Light, PBR or other. As I look back over my misspent life, I find I had more fun thumping bedboards in hotels across this great country than I did thumping bedboards pretty much anywhere else. It is truly the life of kings.

9. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Both excellent ideas.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

only if you're the one having it.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Awesome.

And there's nothing really special about Yuengling, but I like it fine.

It's much better than Iron City, which is panther piss.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

You're about ten minutes from where I grew up. If I was back there, I'd have picked up a 6-pack of IC for you. It's not good, but it's cheap and when in Pittsburgh...

Draft saved Draft deleted