1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At least 12 dead in shooting at California bar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Nov 8, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So you were out of the blue commenting on something from another message board, here on this message board?

Did you expect people to understand this?

2. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Well we just had an armed security guard (black, I’m sure it’s a coincidence) get gunned down by the police maybe out of confusion. That’s one of the stupid things about the idea of arming teachers. What if, when the cops arrive, they shoot that person in “the fog of war”.
    Also, imagine people at the concert carrying, they have no idea where the shots are coming from, and it turns into the ok corral, because they see another person carrying who pulls a gun.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

There was something in this thread that made me comment on whether it was good for more people to be armed. I don’t have the energy nor time to figure it out. But TF and I sorted out the confusion, and that’s cool.

4. Vombatus

Exactly. All hell breaks loose 100 times worse.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And yet people do.

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You can see how that didn't translate, right? I agree with you here totally. Apologies again for the misread.

I defended your attempts at humour, you might or might not remember. Your jokes didn't always land, but that's the nature of jokes. I always thought your intentions were good. But Trump has brought out bad things in people, both for and against, and I think that's happened with you and me. Sorry.

lakefront and Vombatus like this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

9. Vombatus

TF, damn right, I know you have repeatedly backed me up, and I have and always will appreciate that.

Goes with the territory.

This Trump Shit though - agreed. I hope people will remember that there are a lot of good people here and be a bit more jovial.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Great meme joke. Even after someone already posted it. Top quality.

11. SnarkShark

All the people I know were talking about it. We must run in different LA circles.

12. SnarkShark

Just waiting for the next one to happen. When these things happen, I can’t move on like others seem to do, so quickly. I knew a few people who were in Vegas and one person who was at this one. I don’t know what to do, other than feel tremendously shitty and helpless.

Draft saved Draft deleted