1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

At last...the end of the world has arrived!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bad Guy Zero, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Before I went to bed this afternoon I was flipping around the dial and caught one of those damned "Diabeetus" commercials with Wilford Brimley. Except Chumley correctly pronounced "diabetes" TWICE at the end of the commercial.
    I haven't looked in a Bible in many, many years...but I'm pretty certain that this is a sign of the end times. I'll be stopping by the store on the way home in the morning to stock up on bottled water, Chunky brand soups, and a couple of those "no battery" flashlights that you shake.
    Oh yeah...I should probably stock up on booze as well.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... I feel fine.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You call, Bad Guy? :D

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Does Petty have something to do with this?

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Huh?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

This is music to my ears. For years and years, I've been wanting to get my paws on Brimley and shake the shit out of him. There might be nothing more irritating to my ears than hearing that old, wrinkled pile of fuck say, "I have diabeetus." (No offense, Diabeetus.)

In fact, he's the reason I stopped watching "The Price Is Right."

Motherfuck.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You should be ashamed that you no longer watch the most exciting hour in television! :D

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, I work during it now. But when I didn't, I felt OK with my choice, although I did shake at the beginning. I caught a bit of Drew Carey's attempt last week, and I wasn't impressed. I loved his show, but this isn't his shtick.

But when I think about "The Price Is Right," I remember eating Spaghettios while at my babysitter's house before my half day of kindergarten when I was 6. Drew Carey can't replicate that.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The commercial where the old fucks sing "you made me love you" about their electric wheelchairs just about chased me away from TPIR forever.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Scooter Store rules.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I have much respect for The Scooter Store. I'm pretty sure this was some other battery-operated chair outfit.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, that's bullshit, then. My best friend can recite the entire pitch by the little white guy at the computer in the only Scooter Store commercial ever made, or so it seems. It's quite hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted