1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astros hit with 1-year suspensions for manager, GM, and heavy draft penalties UPDATE: Sox fire Cora

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Jan 13, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I thought "Big Papi" was a cocksucker a-hole 15 years ago, when he was all the rage.

I was never wrong.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

WTF, I can't stand the demonization of "snitches"; how about starting with not doing the bad thing? I'm not trying to be perfect and not pretending that I'm perfect, but if you do the act, live with the consequences UNLESS there was an express agreement at the start to keep things confidential, i.e. Fiers was part of the origin (yeah then don't snitch).

Don't want to have to deal with a snitch?? Don't cheat. Its not that hard.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Fuck papi. Gets shot for fucking another guys wife/gf. He cheats on wife. Cheats by taking PEDs. And probably cheated with his Sox teammates like the *stros.

they’ll probably name the All Star Game MVP after him, too

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I love these Little Leagues "banning" the Astros from their leagues - they can talk about trying to set an example for their players, but I figure most of it is parents not wanting their kids to be teased and mocked.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I work for a rec district that has not banned the Astros, but we have joked about booing the 8-year-olds on opening day and banging trash cans.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

It’s great that players are actually speaking their minds. Answering questions in paragraphs not merely cliches. Trout and Judge, vying to be the most vanilla players in history, speaking extemporaneously, and slamming the Astros without measured tones.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

and every single one those players would have done the same thing given the opportunity.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. heyabbott

They were given the opportunity. There were lots of complaints about the Astros. All the teams complaining had the opportunity to cheat. Did they ?

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That comes from management not players. There’s not a damn player who is going to say no to knowing what pitch is coming.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The Boston baseball cabal will be doing just that when they, um, bang the drum to get him in the HOF.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted