1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astros hit with 1-year suspensions for manager, GM, and heavy draft penalties UPDATE: Sox fire Cora

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Jan 13, 2020.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He really said that? Embarrassing.

2. playthrough

74,600 of those emails were from MLB partners that you just auto-delete.

Sea Bass and Armchair_QB like this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Before the 1998 season, I had sat across from Cardinals slugger Mark McGwire in the living room of his home in California's Orange County and flat out asked him if he used steroids. I told him I had heard whispers that the many injuries he suffered resulted from packing on too much muscle through steroid use. (It shocked me when McGwire told me that his famously huge forearms were 17 inches around. I sat there thinking, This guy’s forearms are thicker than my neck.)

Of course, McGwire looked me in the eye and denied using steroids. He told me, “I’ll use anything that’s legal.”

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

There's a reason certain guys at ESPN can get on the air and retain access -- they don't make waves and they don't call people out. They're mouthpieces. The video of Altuve is about as damning as they come. Stone cold busted.

poindexter likes this.
  5. playthrough

Kurkjian is fine to talk to during the season around games so he can pull out all his goofy stats and wax poetic. I'd like to hear what Olney is saying about this.

CD Boogie likes this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

"I was raised to believe people" as justification for belief >>>>>> doesn't bear much logic in an era of relentless public lying

wicked and lakefront like this.
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hardly.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Go away, Greg Howard.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good for patrick

Inky_Wretch and MileHigh like this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Manfred has obviously decided that this story has gone far enough and will go no farther if he can help it. The more "inside" a reporter is, the more likely they are to consciously or subconsciously follow his lead.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No outing.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted