1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astros hit with 1-year suspensions for manager, GM, and heavy draft penalties UPDATE: Sox fire Cora

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Jan 13, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

A Red Sox tradition

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What on earth, lady?
    When asked about Fiers role in the matter, here's what Mendoza said:

"I get it. If you're with the Oakland A's and you're on another team, I mean, heck yeah, you better be telling your teammates, 'Look, hey, heads up, if you hear some noises when you're pitching, this is what's going on.

But to go public, it didn't sit well with me. It made me sad for the sport that that's how all this got found out. This wasn't something that MLB naturally investigated or that even other teams complained about it because they naturally heard about and then investigations happen. It came from within. It was a player that was a part of it. That benefitted from it during the regular season when he was a part of that team. ... It's something you don't do. I totally get telling your future teammates, helping them win, letting people know. But to go public with it and all them out, it's hard to swallow."

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"Naturally investigated," that is so effing rich. And how about being sad for the sport that its top teams felt like they needed to cheat?

I'll also take a wild guess that Golic and Wingo didn't challenge her on any of that.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's January 15 and it is going to take a doozy to knock this off as the worst hot take of the year.

But ESPN and Fox Sports will spend the next 11 and a half months trying

HanSenSE, wicked and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. CD Boogie

Quite a journalist, isn't she? Probably like those stories that naturally write themselves, no gumshoe required.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

[​IMG]

8. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I'm sure talk-radio's version of vanilla-flavored wallpaper was all over her.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

10. CD Boogie

Holy shit, Beltran quit.

One of these days I'll learn how to embed a tweet. Today is not that day.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

Once this was out there, there's no way Beltran could survive.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's about time. It was a terrible look for the Mets to go forward with him as their manager, especially after the Astros fired Hinch and the Red Sox moved on from Cora.

Draft saved Draft deleted