1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astros hit with 1-year suspensions for manager, GM, and heavy draft penalties UPDATE: Sox fire Cora

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Jan 13, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Does it help balance that out that Beltran was a big part of it as a player and it doesn't effect his job as the Mets' new manager?

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

We don't know that yet. Beltran could be next. I get the sense MLB wants to fumigate now and be done with it, as much as it can be.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If the reports are true about the players involved being granted immunity as long as they cooperated, there is a chance Beltran will get away with it.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why Collin McHugh's wife deleted her Twitter.
    I just don't think this is done yet.
    Baseball doesn't like being embarrassed in January- not counting the annual HoF vote release

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Leave it to the Mets to step in it even when they're wearing boots.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How the fuck Angel Hernandez has lasted this long as a Major League umpire is one of the great mysteries of our time.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Queens has another rat" is a great line.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Rose wasn’t doing anything to unbalance the level was of the playing field, right?

Now, could he of overworked his own bullpen trying to win? Possibly. If the Reds won the WS with Rose managing, no one is talking about taking away the title.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So much of this doesn’t make sense to me.

Other teams had to know and someone had to report it to the commissioner’s office or started doing it themselves. Players left Houston for other teams many, many times over the past few years. Are you telling me they did nothing.

I’m wondering if Morton did anything differently when he pitched against the Astros last season.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The moment he bet on the Reds games, he called the game into question, so it matters not if he bet on them to win or lose.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

It’s obvious the Tigers haven’t been cheating to win games

Draft saved Draft deleted