1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astronaut soap opera

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Feb 5, 2007.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Gene Kranz just weighed in:

"Goddammit, kidnapping is NOT AN OPTION."

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

You mean everyone doesn't do that on long road trips?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Depends.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You've been sitting on that line all morning, haven't you.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Couldn't hold it any longer.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Must be very freeing to have it out there.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The diaper thing is going to end up saving her butt, in more ways than one--now that she's charged with attempted murder, she can plead insanity, and probably prevail...because she was crazy enough to wear the diapers.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Who knew Tonya Harding became an astronaut?

Seriously, this reminds me of the Texas cheerleader mom who tried to 'take out' (can't remember the details) a rival to her daughter.

The lesson: Any guy who doesn't realize this side of women (we all know it about guys, who hide it much less) - the competitive side, especially when it comes to men - is either fooling themselves or is naive.

Yes, women are more 'dainty.' Compared to men, that is.

I'm certainly not insinuating this woman is the norm. She's not. Neither is the guy who stalked Monica Seles b/c he adored Steffi Graf.

But it amazes me how many men I meet who just don't understand the competitive aspect of women, and continue to 'infantilize' women as these child-like, innocent beings. It's an affront to the depth women possess, of which competitiveness is but one aspect.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Yes, she's in serious trouble.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ah, NASA with more positive press. :)

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She'll probably skate on the criminal charges, but she's through as far as being an astronaut is concerned, as is her intended, Oeflein, who supposedly was one of the highest-regarded flyers in the current corps, who will be "encouraged to resign" as quickly as possible.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Has anybody floated the "The Astronaut's Wife" hypothesis yet? Maybe she got possessed and went all Johnny Depp on this chick? ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted