1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assy McGee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Yep, animated brutality really makes me squirm. ::) :)

I just thought it was dumb. And if you're going to do brutality, you may as well have a purpose like South Park - forest creature Christmas might be the best episode ever. Even Drawn Together has its moments.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Here's the thing about Metalocalypse. If you do watch the entire series, there is actually an undercurrent and a slowly developing plot. You really can't pick it out if you only watch one episode, but it is there.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Metalocalypse is great, especially watched with closed captioning on. Those lyrics are hilarious. I do think the shadowy corporate plot is sort of boring, but the show would be stale if it were just the adventures of these dudes.

Robot Chicken is awesome. Love the fast pace of it.

Never got Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Soon as the opening strains of the theme song come on, I can't find the remote fast enough.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Sounds like that horrible South Park episode about Oprah's minge.

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I loved Adult Swim when it was ATHF, Sealab, Harvey Birdman, Venture Bros.

In the last couple of years, it's totally lost me. Ridiculous shows that have never made me laugh. Frisky Dingo, Squidbillies, 12 oz. Mouse, anything Tim and Eric, Assy McGee, Saul of the Mole Men, Perfect Hair Forever, etc.

Metalocalypse and Moral Orel were the lone hits among all those swings and misses. Boondocks...eh. Not great, but not horrible. I'm just kinda tired of Robot Chicken.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

The only ATHF episodes I really enjoy are the Carl-heavy ones.

And I'm actually a huge fan of the Metalocalypse album, as well.

7. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

The Venture Bros. rule all.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I like Frisky Dingo. Same people who did Sea Lab as well.
    Aqua Teen is awesome. As is Venture Brothers and Birdman. Best show they ever did was Space Ghost, well that and the half hour Brak comedy hour.
    Some of the new shows: Assy (A. McGee in the onscreen listings) and Xavier: Renegade Angel. I'm just not on the right combination of drugs for those shows to make sense.

9. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was a thread about Kim Kardashian. Please continue.

Draft saved Draft deleted