1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assuming the Heat lose Game 6......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jun 6, 2012.

?

Who ends up leaving the Heat?

1. Erik Spoelstra

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Dwyane Wade

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Lebron James

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chris Bosh

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Pat Riley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I think Spoelstra goes even if that is unfair.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He did hit that big 3 in crunch time in Game 4 to tie it, but you're right: How many easy baskets and trips to the line has he traded for that occasional big 3?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I blame Doris Burke. Spoelstra lost his focus when he was forced to do that 4th qtr interview with Burke.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I thought you won when David Stern decided it was your time to win.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was a fan of a SuperTeam once, the 1977 76ers, with Dr. J, George McGinnis and Doug Collins. It took seven years and multiple personnel changes before it won a title, including trading McGinnis and acquiring Moses Malone. Championships are difficult.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who are some that actually made it work quickly? The recent Celtics team is obviously one.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not for anything, but this thread is making an awfully big assumption of a team that does not have a sterling record in closeout games.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think the Heat will win game 6 simply because of the way the world seems to be presuming their death a foregone conclusion this morning. This thread would be yet another prime example. Jumping the gun just a wee bit, no?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's a fun one.

If the Celtics do win Game 6 and the Heat would for some idiotic reason get rid of Wade, I am going to go so far as to say Wade's new team wins a championship before LeBron's Heat does.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Jackson will wait until the Heat somehow acquires Chris Paul, then will decide it's time to remind everyone how great he is.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would say Spoelstra, but none of the above wouldn't shock me.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

LOL to the idea that Wade and James could run the Triangle.

I can just imagine Bosh catching the ball at the elbow and Wade selflessly cutting baseline to the opposite side of the court after giving up the ball so that someone on the weakside could "show" in the post and let the Heat swing the ball around the arc with no dribbles. Pardon me while I pull up a fainting couch for Tex Winter.

Draft saved Draft deleted