1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assuming the Heat lose Game 6......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jun 6, 2012.

?

Who ends up leaving the Heat?

1. Erik Spoelstra

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Dwyane Wade

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Lebron James

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chris Bosh

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Pat Riley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I doubt Jackson would do that. He loves his cherrypicking, and I don't see this team winning a title at this point. Wade is getting older.

Just another lesson that players are not and should not try to be GMs.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You don't win in the NBA by trading better players for worse ones, no matter how many of the worse ones you get. They won't do anything except shitcan the coach.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the best move basketball-wise, but Bosh seems to be the easiest to move in terms of a PR hit. If you trade Wade, you're calling the last two years a failure. If you trade Bosh, it's simply a readjustment of course.

Adding Dwight Howard to this situation would be like shoveling buffalo chips on an already-reeking fire.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, what was in my head and what I communicated on the screen seem to have been two different things.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Dick Whitman

Denver?

6. LongTimeListener

What have they won?

7. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Since Bosh joined the Heat, Miami's record is 12-11 when he misses a game, and 116-46 when he's playing.

8. Dick Whitman

A lot of games. They're better, no?

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Spoelstra will certainly take the fall, but it's obvious the James-Wade dynamic doesn't work when it counts. Just firing the coach ensures another year of made-for-TV failure in Miami.

10. LongTimeListener

I didn't look up the exact split of records, but they were 50-32 last season -- Carmelo played 50 games there -- and they finished 38-28 this season. And I am sure that they would want him back in a heartbeat for their chances in the future. They lost in the first round to a fairly flawed Lakers team.

11. Dick Whitman

I guess the relevant question is: Are they closer to a championship without him than they were with him? Lawson is a superstar in the making, or at least an All-Star in the making, and I'm not sure he is able to get to that point with Carmelo there.

There's really no easy answer, I guess. We'll have to see how it develops there. It was the closest example I could think of - kind of like the infamous Flip Murray digression during Linsanity.

Besides, the LeBron situation seems to be unique one. Best player in the league who actually plays too well with others.

12. LongTimeListener

Could be "plays too well with others," could be "doesn't want the ball in crunch time." In Game 4 when he had the ball, he treated the lane as if it had a force field around it. And in the finals last year, every time the game was on the line you could pretty much throw a blind pass to a spot on the left side 35 feet away from the basket and find him there.

Draft saved Draft deleted