1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assuming the Celtics lose Game 7.......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jun 8, 2012.

?

Who ends up leaving?.....

1. Ray Allen

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Doc Rivers

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Kevin Garnett

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Paul Pierce

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Danny Ainge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The way they got shit-housed at home Thursday night.....that won't sit well.

My bet is Doc isn't back on the bench next year.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Is this some tongue in cheek thing from another thread that I haven't read, or an actual serious statement...?

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Serious Statement.

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

That's crazy and senseless talk, and clearly the OP underestimates how great of a coach Doc Rivers is.

Doc is regarded as one of the top three coaches in the league. The Heat needed a complete breakout game from LeBron to win Game 6. Not only that, let's keep this in perspective: The Celtics are playing without Jeff Green and Avery Bradley. My point is the Celtics will only be stronger next year. They can flame out in Game 7, and Doc will be safer than safe still.

I think Allen leaves this summer, which is alright. It only gives the gig fulltime to Bradley. Plus the C's will have oobs of cap space, especially if they allow Garnett to walk (which I don't see happening). Boston will be fine, with or without a win in Game 7. They have outplayed bigger, tougher, better Miami in all but two games this series so far.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Agreed. As much as I hate it, Allen is gone. KG may or may not be gone. I've seen them linked to Ersan Ilyasova, which would be a nice pickup.

Any word on whether or not Green will be back? That would take the sting out of Presti not caving and putting Harden in the deal.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They didn't give Doc an expensive contract extension to fire him after year one. They'd have kept him if the Celts had been eliminated by the Hawks. He might leave on his own hook, but he won't be fired.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yes. I don't know how you can look at the job he's done and criticize - Bradley is hurt, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce aren't completely healthy, so he's leaning on a combination of Rondo, Garnett and Player X (Pietrus, Brandon Bass) depending on the night. I think his biggest weakness in the past was developing younger players, but Ainge is a good complement to him.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

For what reason would Doc not be back next year?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hasn't he talked about retiring in the past?

10. Big Circus

I've done approximately zero draft research. I know Davis will be the top pick, and that's it. So I ask...is there any chance Austin Rivers falls to the Celtics?

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Fat chance. Unless, they trade down.

Rivers will most likely get drafted in the top 15, and the Celtics select at the 21 spot.

12. Big Circus

Much obliged.

Draft saved Draft deleted