1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Associated Press Sports Reporter - Dallas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, May 11, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Stephen is still there. He's from the same town as me and I run into his mother every now and then. Last time I saw her, she was complaining about how Stephen was working too hard because he'd had no help since Jaime left.

2. There has to be two, plus a couple of quality stringers who can fill in when needed. If Houston has two AP writers, then it has to reason Dallas will have the same kind of depth.

Aron has also written a host of Dallas Cowboys-related books over the past couple of years as well, so he's not completely out of the business.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Not only Big 12 football, they also cover a lot of Big 12 basketball. Hawkins has done a heck of a job flying solo since Jaime left.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Two in Dallas eventually, two in Houston, one in Austin and I believe the writer in San Antonio is split between news assignments and the Spurs. But, yes, Dallas is a big boy job.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't forget Betsy Blaney in Lubbock.

6. JPsT

JPsT Member

But she covers EVERYTHING in the region, not just sports.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

She still counts.

8. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

They filled from within: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dixon-hired-ap-dallas-sports-195758740--spt.html

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Very little regarding staffing in journalism has to do with reason.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

To quote Gomer Pyle: Surprise, surprise, surprise! (And congratulations... the DFW market's definitely an exciting one.)

11. LitteringAnd

LitteringAnd Member

Schuyler is all class. He'll knock it outta the park.

Draft saved Draft deleted