1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Associate Athletic Director-Athletics Communications - U Tennesee football

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, Jul 2, 2010.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

http://collegesportsjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=30198

Primary responsibilities include:
    • Supervision of Athletic Communications Office. The functions of the Athletic Communications Office will include Media Relations, Public Relations and Sports Information. This Office will serve a 20-sport, Division I-A athletic program and oversee strategic communication for Athletic Department Administration. This position is responsible for hiring, training, and evaluating all Athletic Communications employees, with input and consultation of staff.
    • Primary responsibility for the development and implementation of communication strategy for the Tennessee football program and its Head Coach, to include:
    a. Prioritize media interviews, appearances, assisted by Assoc. SID - Football
    b. Work with Head Coach, other designated personnel on talking points, crafting Tennessee football messages for specific audiences
    c. Schedule, coordinate public appearances, corporate obligations, and community relations activities
    d. Develop staff infrastructure to support football communications activities
    e. Provide counsel, strategy for addressing issues that have an impact on Tennessee football and the University (player discipline issues, APR, transfer / release, etc.)
    • Development and implementation of vision and philosophy for the Athletic Communications Office, to include staff job descriptions and deployment.
    • Management of Athletic Communications Office budget.
    • Member of Athletic Directors’ Executive Staff

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
    o Bachelor’s degree required
    o Demonstrated experience in strategic communication
    o Significant personnel management experience
    o Experience working with national, regional, local media outlets

DESIRED QUALIFICAITONS:

o Master’s degree preferred
    o Demonstrated experience working with high-profile properties and/or clients, preferably in the field of athletics
    o Background in athletics communication on a University or college campus desired

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Did the former AP writer (spacing her name) leave?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I was impressed with how they handled the Kiffin presser on his departure day.

4. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Elizabeth Davis, if I remember correctly. I hadn't heard anything about her leaving, but I'd guess that's the case.

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Methinks Mizzou was making a funny, as this isn't the Elizabeth A. Davis gig as I read it. More like Bud Ford, who pretty much made a spectacle of himself via Kiffin's messy departure ...

rb

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the University makes this hire - seems like Host Communications should have the final say.

7. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Is this indeed Bud Ford's position? If so, what's the deal with him and his status?

8. Philkaplan

Philkaplan Member

Tiffany Carpenter left UT. The job posting is to fill her position.

9. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Ah, Tiffany. Knew the name, but never met her. Thanks, Phil. Would have been interesting if it had been Bud.

10. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

If this was Tiffany's job description, what is Bud's?

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Fellating Phil Fulmer Lane Kiffin Derek Dooley

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted