1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant Sports Editor - Warwick, RI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Jan 30, 2015.

1. CoreyS

CoreyS New Member

Is this still open? I applied last week and am waiting for a response.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Per a post on the previous page, it sounds like they're interviewing right now. If you haven't heard back yet, it's probably not a great sign.

3. I hear they've begun their second batch of interviews.

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I got a "second" interview there 10 years ago. Part of the interview was writing a couple stories for them with no pay and no guarantee of a job.

5. ^I think it was second batch as in they already interviewed X number of candidates. Now they're interviewing X more candidates.

6. And that's rough. How'd that end up?

7. Anyone hear anything yet?

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

Put this in perspective. At $20,000 a year for a 40-hour week, we are talking about $10 an hour. A number of states are moving their minimum wage higher than this.

Shameful.

9. Heard the paper decided they "couldn't financially support the position." Go figure.

10. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

WOW.
    That means I'll be making a little extra cash. I think I'm the only viable option in RI when it comes to freelancers thanks to my fancy pants camera.

Draft saved Draft deleted