1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant sports editor, Scranton Times-Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jps, Mar 13, 2008.

1. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

You could always go listen to Scrantonicity play weddings if you got bored.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you also could drive to cooperstown pretty easily.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Pottsville, Pa., too.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you also could cruise the hershey highway, mikey.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's only about 90 minutes away.

6. Hoop Time

Hoop Time Member

As mentioned, the Times and Tribune are one, but the ownership is putting together a little monopoly on NE Pa papers. They own the Citizens Voice in neighboring Wilkes-Barre (competes with the former Knight Ridder Times-Leader), the Hazleton Standard-Speaker, Pottsville Republican, Shamokin News-Item, some weeklies and I am probably missing some others.

There is a great little blog for Northeast Pa. media, which has a thread on this job. The comments page is here: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=21128745&postID=6782120293880445458

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i wish i were still young enough and wanted to be an ASE.

don't know shit about the paper, but i'd love to live in that area of the country for a coupla years.

8. Harry Lime

Harry Lime New Member

I was supposed to have an interview for this job when it was initially posted months ago. I had it all set up, and then it fell through for some reason. I don't remember the specifics, but I found out a day or two before the actual interview that it was cancelled.
    I thought the SE was going to set up another interview, but I never heard from her again.
    Needless to say, the job was posted a few weeks ago, again.

Draft saved Draft deleted