1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant Sports Editor/Production ... Idaho Statesman (Boise)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by mprater, Jul 2, 2010.

1. mprater

mprater New Member

The Idaho Statesman, the largest newspaper in Idaho located in one of the most livable cities in the nation, is looking for a savvy, smart page designer/paginator who can elevate the quality of our section five nights a week. Candidates must be strong, creative and organized leaders with sound news judgment, stellar visual/design skills and a keen eye for copy editing: someone who can juggle big headlines, small details and fast deadlines for an APSE award-winning section that focuses on Boise State, high school and minor-league sports. Must be a good personality fit with a tight-knit staff. Extensive daily newspaper desk experience is a must. If this is you, send a one-page cover letter explaining why you’re qualified to make our Sports section better, a resume and at least five front-page designs to: Mike Prater, Sports Editor, The Idaho Statesman, 1200 N. Curtis Rd., Boise, ID 83706. E-mail contact information is mprater@idahostatesman.com

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Looks like we've got the entire Gem State covered with job openings now: Boise, Pocatello, Moscow, Kellogg.

In my completely-biased opinion, it's a great couple of states to live in! :D

Go west, young SportsJournalists.comers!

Draft saved Draft deleted