1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant Sports Editor, Bristol, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Bristol Herald Courier is looking for a hard-working, motivated assistant sports editor to help cover one of the busiest sports areas in the Southeast. The successful candidate will help us provide in-depth coverage of prep sports throughout Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee, as well as local college sports. We also are home to one of the premier NASCAR racing tracks in the country. This person needs to be an expert at InDesign to help with pagination, and be extremely Web savvy.
    Apply online at MediaGeneral.com

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Is this Sacco's old position?

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Didn't see a posting on MG's Web site when I checked a few hours ago.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Where did Sacco go?

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Up. He's the SE now.

7. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

go for it folks...sacco'll do you good. and i mean that in the best possible way...

8. Jim_Sacco

Jim_Sacco Guest

And now, thanks to great work by Daniel Gilbert and our ME J. Todd Foster, we're a Pulitzer Prize winning paper.

Please, send resumes, cover letter clips and fill out our online application.

9. Jim, since you're responding: Can you give us a clue on pay scale and/or length of experience?

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

The public service medal winner. Congrats.

11. Jim_Sacco

Jim_Sacco Guest

UPDATE: I've gotten enough resumes to heat a two-bedroom home for a few days (OK, slight exaggeration.) I plan on sifting over them in a week or so since we're in a very busy time of year right now.

Experience? Eh, I just want to see the right person, not the right amount of time in the business (whatever the hell that means).

Pay scale? What you expect from a daily our size. I'll get into specifics regarding pay with the applicants who make the cut. That's just my style. Sorry if you disagree.

Thanks guy.

Sacco

12. koolbreeze

koolbreeze Member

Thanks for the update, Jim!

Draft saved Draft deleted