1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant sports editor, Bend, Ore.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jersey_Guy, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Glad to see a question about a job opening in Bend has devolved into an argument over whether it rains more in Portland or Seattle and whether or not strippers in Portland can touch your grundle. Nice.

That said (assuming this job is even still open), Bend is very, very nice, but also very, very spendy. You probably can't afford to live there on this salary unless you have second income from somewhere. Whether that's from your wife's job or your night gig as a crack slinger ... not my job to judge.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but yet you still do.

douchenozzle.

3. How am I judging? I sling crack on the side.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Personally I thought this had more to do with the job rather than if the paper sucks or not.

5. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Guest

Geez, wow, all this talk for Bend, Oregon? Who wants to go to Bend, Oregon?

I've been to Bend, Oregon. It would take a lot of dough for me to go live and work in Bend, Oregon.

Not that I'm down on Bend, Oregon.............

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It would take a lot of dough because it is so expensive, but I am curious what your problem with Bend is. Don't like hippies or Democrats?
    Anyway, my in-laws brought me a couple of copies of the paper and it is not the greatest, but to reiterate the town is awesome.

7. Bend is a very cool place. Very cool and very expensive. Maybe you're down on it just because it isn't a major city, but it's definitely a fun place to live if you can support yourself.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

been to bend once. very cool place, especially if you're an outdoorsy type person.

Draft saved Draft deleted